Saturday, March 20, 2010

Nice day, nice waves

There has been a few waves around over the last few days for those lucky enough to get out there. Yesterday afternoon was my first chance and it was pretty shitty. No power and hard to catch.

Didn't have too many hopes for this morning and the check wasn't overly inspiring. But I decided to go out anyway, selected my mal and had a ball. Juniors was the best I've had all season and I got a few from deep on the reef right into the beach by the rocks on the other side.

The crowd was mainly grommetts but as usual one Dad showed them how not to do it as he shoulder hopped and dropped in on every set wave. After about six drop ins he fell in front and realised that there was someone else on the wave for the first time. Remember necks are made so your head can look from side to side.

However even he couldn't spoil my day.

The photo doesn't really do justice to the surf.





Morning (9.00am)
Surf : between thigh and chest height
Wind : light offshore
Quality : 7.8 out of 10
Fun Factor : the world is good
Crowd : ten groms and Mr Drop In
Wave count : truckload
Board : 9' Yahoo mal

No comments: