Thursday, March 25, 2010

Good news, bad news kind of day

Good  news - don't have to start work until 2
Bad news - workers are due at my house by seven so I can't sleep in

Good news - they haven't turned up by eight so I can go to the beach
Bad news - the wind is mostly onshore, the swell is to southerly to hit the BP reefs right




Good news - its a nice day for a ride on my bike
Bad news - as I come to the top of the hill overlooking BP a surfable set rolls through Juniors

Good news - wind has turned offshore and there is a new bigger straighter swell
Bad news - I'm on my bike so it will take me a while to get back

Good news - nothing much has changed
Bad news - it is breaking pretty close in and some of the rocks aren't very deep. Better keep an eye out and surf Juniors

Good news - first wave was a decent size, had a bit of power and a little wall
Bad news - bit hard to pick where to take off, its so shallow I'm touching the bottom as I paddle out

Bad news - its a bit inconsistent and I'm not very patient
Badder news - might just sneak a little further inside and catch a in-between one while I wait for a set

Good news - caught a little runner
Bad news - the rock that has no water over it right in front of me

Good news - I didn't hurt myself when I hit the reef
Bad news - I now have a twin fin but not in the right places

Good news - I now have time for the other things I needed to do before work
Bad news - there are still waves and I can't surf them


No comments: