Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Anticipation = Disapointment

Went to sleep to the sound of waves and was woken very early by the sound of rain and a decent wind. My hope was for the weather to smash in all day so I could sneak down south tomorrow to test out the new malibu. But when I got out of bed the day was just dawning sunny and with light winds.

As the day wore on the swell has stayed low and barely registered on any of the buoys but the seas are up a little. A few desperate groms were out in front of the surf club after school and the waves had a bit of face but weren't worth the effort.

The Wall was just breaking very late this arvo but not with much quality. If it had been earlier it would have been worth a novelty surf and you could have dropped in turn or two. At least it wasn't cold.

Meant to be another front later tonight but not much sign of it yet. I will reserve my decision on whether to do a hit and run mission to my favourite left point till the last moment but I suspect that with the super high tide it will be a hair cut, some shopping and early to work.

New board should be ready Saturday !!!!

No comments: