Friday, December 31, 2010

Day Seven - 31/12/10

Last day of the year.

I wS so disgusted this morning to find the swell had dropped to 0…11 that I didn't even bother looking. Imagine my surprise at about 3 when I found that the swell had jumped to 0.4 and was rising. The wind was even sse.

As I got my first glimps of Juniors a set was closing out across the reef and the beach. What was left was a mass of boils and sand clouds. Juts off shore the southerly change was marching in.

As I had a board still in the car I rushed out to see if I could snag something. The swell was very inconsistent but seems to be building. The wind is messing it up and most waves are close outs but every now and then there was something that made the effort worthy. And it is the last chance to surf in 2010.

Friday 31/12/10 (3.30PM)
Waves - 2'+
Wind - Southerly
Quality - 4.5 out of 10 (size but no shape)

No comments: