Monday, August 2, 2010

Surf Report

From the Great Ocean Road.

Bells was big and blowing onshore at a million miles an hour. It was freezing so it is no surprise that there was no one out. Regardless of the mush you could see the potential.


Checked out SurfWorld Museum in Torquay. Nice but not overly packed with stuff. It was probably because I knew most of what they were talking about that kept my trip short but if your a newbie or think Kelly Slater is the oldest surfer in the world then it is worthwhile. There was a cabinet full of surfing books and bit and pieces. I had about a quarter of them in my house somewhere.



The only place there were any surfers out was at Lorne in some nice clean conditions inside the bay. The waves were pretty small and it was pissing down with rain.


Staying at Apollo Bay about half way along the Road. The Great Ocean Road is the windiest road I have ever driven on and it was wet and slippery. Good job I was driving an Audi A4 hire car and it drove like it was on suction caps.



It would be nice if the wind drops but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: