Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Next project

A few days off, jobs done, no surf and no one home means that I can start building my next project. This time I'm building a body board from a shelf inside a wardrobe that I junked when we moved house. I am a little worried that the join isn't that strong but we'll tackle that if it happens.

I've decided on western red cedar to pump out the width and to add ply wood fins. The fins have been templated off the side biters on my SUP.




I've also taken the opportunity to upgrade my latest handplane to take my new waterproof camera. Hopefully this camera will last longer that the last few that have either been stolen or had the backs open in the water. I'm full expecting the mounts to rip off first time I use them so there will be a backup system attaching the camera to me.




No comments: