Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dropping

The swell dropped away pretty quickly but there are a few waves locally.

BP Reef and Juniors are popular again but no one seems to want to surf the really good bank on the beachies. There was also the odd on breaking close to the groyne that were empty but ok.


Tow crews seemed to come out every time it is clean. I haven't seen any that actually know what they are doing and today at the groyne was no exception. The driver knew how to drive but chopped up every wave and the surfers didn't have the skills or equipment to deal with the speed, blowing every move and getting smashed.


With my back worse I went to Binningup for a look. I haven't been there for ages despite having some really good days out the back and surfing it regularly a few years ago. No waves today and I was reminded about how frustratingly fickle it could be.

If you haven't got wet yet I is worth taking a look at BP and seeing if you can luck into something.

No comments: