Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bonus

Didn't think I would get wet before the weekend but scored a bonus surf late this afternoon at Juniors. The conditions were nice and crisp and there are the early makings of a decent bank.

Three out and two on the reef. The young grom with the Firewire was catching ten waves to my one. Being half my weight and two thirds my height he was able to get the odd little runner in what was basically soft closeouts. Unfortunately (and I'm back on my high horse) he did lack the required level of manners with his constant snaking and the odd drop in turning my fun surf a little frustrating.

Its hard to get a handle on what the next few days are going to be like. We'll just have to see.

Late Arvo (4.30 till dark)
Waves      :  1 - 2 foot, soft close outs
Winds       :  Light and just onshore
Tide          :  midish
Quality      :  5 out of 10
Fun factor :  afterwork stress reliver
Crowd      :  two including the Energiser Grom

No comments: